The 6th ASEAN Flow Cytometry Workshop will be held in conjunction with the CYTO Asia 2017 conference from Sunday October 22 to Tuesday 24. It will be based at the National University of Singapore, with lab sessions also at the Singapore Immunology Network and SingHealth Research at Singapore General Hospital. Registration is available here. There is a discounted registration fee for post graduate students and medical trainees.
This workshop will consist of lectures and laboratory based modules on specific research and clinical topics. These will be presented by renowned scientists and clinicians in the field of flow cytometry. Some of the areas to be covered include:
- Introduction to flow cytometry
- Polychromatic flow cytometry
- Leukaemia and lymphoma phenotyping
- Minimal residual disease monitoring by flow cytometry
- Cell sorting
- Build your own flow cytometer
- Cell cycle and aneuploidy analysis
- Flow cytometry applications in infectious and parasitic diseases
- T cell functional Analysis by flow cytometry
The invited faculty include the following well known flow cytometry experts:
- Paul Wallace, USA
- Zosia Maciorowski, France
- Awtar Krishan, USA
- Vivek Tanavde, India
- Geoff Osborne, Australia
- Anis Larbi, Singapore
- Bill Telford, USA
- Kovit Pattanpanyasat, Thailand
- Paul Hutchinson, Singapore
This workshop will be ideal for any student or scientist who is using flow cytometry as part of their work and study. The wide range of topics to be covered means that this workshop will be applicable to flow cytometry beginners and also those at a more advanced level.
Registrants for the workshop will be able to choose up to 6 modules on first come first serve basis. Once we have fully confirmed the list of speakers and the modules, registrants will be contacted so they can then make their lab selection.
We will have more information on the modules and speakers soon. Spots for the workshop are limited, so register as soon as possible so as not to miss this opportunity.