The 6th ASEAN Flow Cytometry Workshop will be held in conjunction with the CYTO Asia 2017 conference from Sunday October 22 to Tuesday 24. It will be based at the National University of Singapore, with lab sessions also at the Singapore Immunology Network and SingHealth Research at Singapore General Hospital. Registration is available here. There is a discounted registration fee for post graduate students and medical trainees.
This workshop will consist of lectures and laboratory based modules on specific research and clinical topics. These will be presented by renowned scientists and clinicians in the field of flow cytometry. The list of topics confirmed to be covered are as follows:
- Basics and Polychromatic Flow
- Measuring Immune Cell Function by flow cytometry.
- Aneuploidy and Tumor Markers
- Panel Development
- Enumeration of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Build your own Cytometer
- Measuring Cell Cycle Progression and Proliferation by Flow Cytometry
- Cell Sorting
- Flow cytometry in infectious and parasitic diseases
- Flow Cytometry Data Analysis and Reporting
- RNA Flow Cytometry
- Diagnostic immunophenotyping of leukemia and lymphoma
- The importance of pattern recognition in minimal residual disease detection by flow cytometry in acute leukemia
The invited faculty include the following well known flow cytometry experts:
- Paul Wallace, USA
- Zosia Maciorowski, France
- Awtar Krishan, USA
- Brent Wood, USA
- Sindhu Cherian, USA
- Vivek Tanavde, India
- Geoff Osborne, Australia
- Anis Larbi, Singapore
- Bill Telford, USA
- Qianjun Zhang, China
- Kovit Pattanpanyasat, Thailand
- Paresh Jain, India
- Paul Hutchinson, Singapore
This workshop will be ideal for any student or scientist who is using flow cytometry as part of their work and study. The wide range of topics to be covered means that this workshop will be applicable to flow cytometry beginners and also those at a more advanced level.
Registrants for the workshop will be able to choose up to 6 modules on first come first serve basis. Once we have fully confirmed the list of speakers and the modules, registrants will be contacted so they can then make their lab selection.
We will have more information on the modules and speakers soon. Spots for the workshop are limited, so register as soon as possible so as not to miss this opportunity.